Dates: 28th-30th October 2016
Venue: Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery, Chamberlain Square, Birmingham, B3 3DH
Follow our new dedicated Twitter account for updates! – @WMESConf
FINAL SCHEDULE BELOW
Offical Conference Poster
Tickets have now ENDED.
Fixed Student Price – £55
Standard Two-Day Ticket – £65
One Day Ticket – £35
Conference Dinner – Saturday 29th October, 7pm – Late
You can still join us for dinner by booking your dinner ticket here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/west-midlands-egyptology-society-2016-conference-tickets-27406991048?aff=es2
Location: Meer Shisha Lounge, John Bright Street, approximately 5 minutes walk from Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery.
See menu and booking form here WMES Dinner Menu and Booking Form – PLEASE SEND THE MENU BACK TO WMES@OUTLOOK.COM BY OCTOBER 2ND 2016 WITH YOUR NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS AND “CONFERENCE DINNER FORM” IN THE SUBJECT LINE. If you have any further allergies or wish to ask any further questions on certain dishes please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hotel recommendations in Birmingham City Centre:
• Bloc Hotel Birmingham – Caroline Street, Birmingham, B31UG. £60-75+ pn.
• Cobden Hotel Birmingham – 166 Hagley Road, Birmingham, B16 9NZ. £30+pn.
• Copthorne Hotel Birmingham – Paradise Place, Birmingham, B3 3HJ. £45+pn. Optional breakfast service.
• The Edgbaston Palace Hotel – 98 & 200 Hagley Road, Birmingham, B16 9PQ. £55+pn. Optional breakfast service.
• Quality Hotel Birmingham – 49 Sherbourne Road, Birmingham, B27 6DX. £50+pn.
• Travel Lodge (Birmingham Central Newhall Street) – 80 Charlotte Street, Birmingham, B3 1PW. £77+pn.
• Venue Birmingham – Lucas House, Edgbaston Park Road, Birmingham, B15 2RA. £47+pn.
• Zebra Lodge Birmingham – 4 Vicarage Road, Birmingham, B18 5NG. £39+pn.
Bed & Breakfasts:
• Manu’s Place Shared Apartments – 210A Monument Road, Birmingham, B16 8UU. £20+pppn.
• Birmingham Central Backpackers – 58 Coventry Street, Digbeth, Birmingham B5 5NH. £20+pppn.
Conference lunch menu:
A hot buffet lunch will be served on both days – included in ticket price. Menu includes:
Assortment of Bloomer sandwiches, poppy seed bagels & flat breads with a variety of fillings, Piri Piri marinated chicken skewers, King prawns marinated in ginger & garlic cooked in tempura batter, Genoese cherry tomato focaccia topped with mozzarella, olives & oregano, Sweet potato fries, Chocolate brownies, Mini scones filled with strawberry preserve and cream, Freshly brewed ground coffee, selection of ethical teas, sparkling & still water
Keep an eye on Twitter, Facebook and your emails. We will update you!